Panorama of my town

Panorama of my town

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Unconventional Women - sounds so like me!

here is a cool link http://www.unconventionalwomen.org/info.htm
The home page reads:
Monday, August 25, 2008

8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Buell Theatre (near the Convention Center)
Denver, Colorado

Be part of a historic symposium uniting 3,000 women,
advancing their political leadership and participation

Politics without women like you is a recipe for injustice.


Cousin Debbie got us tickets - and the program looks awesome, filled with some fascinating women (even one Republican - perhaps she'll change teams and come over to the winning side! LOL) and great discussion topics.

Looks like my own Mayor (the Honorable Shirley Franklin) will be there. Perhaps I can fuss at her some more about how screwed up our City's budget is and she can tell me, again that it's all City Council's fault (but that is for a different blog). Where was I?

Oh yes!, so this is like the 3rd program / party that Cousin Deb has set up for us during that week. I am beginning to wonder if we are in fact going to be doing any real volunteering for poor Brook at all.


So, assuming we make it to this program I'll be following up here on my blog with all the details - who I saw, what I did and who I did it with!!!! Stay tuned.


In the meantime, I encourage you to be 'unconventional' too!

No comments: